Finishing out the race weekend at the Dunlop 24 hours of Dubai, the Need For Speed Schubert 2 #77 BMW Z4, with K1 Speed partner Boris Said finished 5th overall, after making a come back from a weekend worth of challenges. During the final day of qualifying the car had a brake issue that resulted in a crash, and in the final few hours of the race the car started to have an exhaust leak issue that forced an unnecessary pit stop dropping the team back after a strong performance throughout the night. The team competed in the GT3 class – running 579 laps, made 24 pit stops spending a total time of 1 hour 51 minutes and 15 seconds in the pits, and finished just 8 minutes off the pace of the overall race winner and sister team Schubert 1 #76 BMW Z4.
Boris went all to say ” It was a good race on a great circuit. The team worked brilliantly, especially after the crash on Thursday evening. The victory for our sister car showed just what is possible with the BMW Z4 GT3. Congratulations to our team-mates on their great success.”
Both BMW Z4′s were prepped by Team Schubert for well know US BMW tuners Turner Motorsport to prepare its drivers for the Rolex 24 hours of Daytona coming at the end of January.
- K1 Speed Partner Boris Said Racing the Dunlop 24 Hours of Dubai
- K1 Speed sponsored TRG car wins 1st place at the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona GT race
- NASCAR and Nationwide Series drivers visit K1 Ontario
- K1 Speed-sponsored TRG Porsche 997 Readies for 2009 Rolex Series
- K1 Speed Co-Owner Boris Said to Compete in American Le Mans at Long Beach