A few months ago we got our first look at the Spark-Renault SRT_01E Formula E teams will be racing next year, and just recently, that car hit a test track in France for the first time to see how it held up. Spark Racing president Frédéric Vasseur reported things went well, with the car turning about 40 laps over two days of testing at La Ferté Gaucher without taking a sip of fuel. The video after the break captures a few clips from the laps — running on a smaller 50kW battery, just 25 percent of the 270hp-equivalent power race-ready cars will have — and while we’ll need to adjust to the lack of noise, perhaps its impressive torque and handling can make up for it. More tests are planned before the first race in Beijing next September as the team pushes its mileage up bit by bit before running a full race simulation.
- Daijiro Yoshihara Takes Round 1 – Formula Drift 2013
- Mayor Villaraigosa Welcomes Formula E Electric Car Racing to Los Angeles on Earth Day
- Get ready to race K1 Speed’s Exclusive Redesigned Electric Karts.
- Film Your K1 Speed Laps with the Contour HD Camera
- Join K1 Speed for the First Race of the 2009 Formula One Season