After an exciting battle on our Irvine Super Track, John Tanaka has walked away with the series championship (his second thus far this year, after also winning our Carlsbad GP series!). Starting the race with a lead of 6 points over second-place Toby Rodriguez and 7 points over third-place Taylor Hays, all Tanaka had to do to win the overall title was finish within the Top 5, and he did just that. Taylor Hays started from Pole Position and led from the start – clearly demonstrating that he has the speed to win in upcoming seasons – just ahead of John Tanaka in second. After an exciting battle for second place which saw John being pressured from behind, Toby Rodriguez was able to make the pass, dropping Tanaka back to third. The three drivers finished the race in that order, giving John Tanaka 141 total points for the season and Taylor Hays and Toby Rodriguez 136 each. However, because Taylor Hays won more races throughout the season, he took home the silver medal for the season!
- K1 Speed Irvine – March 2009 Reverse Super Track Challenge GP Results!
- K1 Speed Irvine – May 2009 Challenge GP Results
- K1 Speed Ontario – May 2009 Challenge GP Results
- K1 Speed Carlsbad – 2009 Reverse Challenge GP Final Results!
- K1 Speed Ontario – March 2009 Reverse Super Track Challenge GP Results!