Working toward a Greener Business
26 January 2009
With the New Year in full swing, we at K1 Speed are promoting a more sustainable environment and are working toward more eco-friendly business practices. Since our zero-emission Pro Karts already operate on electricity for their sole means of energy, we’re already one step ahead of our gas-powered, toxin-emitting competitors. Here are some other ways that we’re making 2009 a more eco-friendly year:
- Corporate offices are saving paper when only printing when necessary. It’s been surveyed that an average office worker in the U.S. can go through 10,000 sheets of paper each year. Online document sharing is also another way we’re saving trees.
- We’re turning lights and computers off in corporate offices over the weekend to save energy and resources.
- We’re using conference calling within management when possible to save gas and decrease the number of cars on our highways.
- All of our locations have been retrofitted with energy efficient lighting.
- We’re placing recycling bins at each of our six centers in the near future.
One of the more exciting ways that we’re introducing Green practices to our staff and company: We’re working with The Ambassadors to promote eco-friendly awareness among high school students. The Inland Empire based show will portray local high school students who are competing to become the best Green advocate among 12 other participants. The show will premiere spring 2009 stay tuned for more news and progress.
Tags: Advocate, Ambassadors, Business New, Business Practices, Cars, Document Sharing, electric karting, electric karts, Electricity, Energy Efficient Lighting, environmentally friendly, green business, High School Students, Highways, inland empire, K1 Speed, Local High School, New Year, Office Worker, Participants, Recycling Bins, Saving Trees, Sustainable Environment, Toxin, Zero Emission