The Color Run™ Debuts 2015 Shine Tour™ in Oahu
05 October 2015
The Color Run, debuts their new Shine Tour in 2015 bringing a fresh spin and unique experience to Color Runners around the world. The Shine Tour enhances the experience that Color Runners already love with an all-new Sparkle Zone™ on course with unique opportunities for colorful photographs throughout the course. At the Finish Festival, participants can enjoy music, dancing and massive color throws with accents of new confetti cannons, shimmery clouds of color, sparkle, and more. Color Runners will receive a limited edition Shine Tour Participant Kit, including: custom race t-shirt, gold finisher’s medal, shiny tattoos, tri-color headband with silver stitching, classic color packet, and brand-new shine powder packet.
“With the Shine Tour, we wanted to create an immersive and transformative experience beyond anything our runners have experienced with us so far,” said Travis Snyder, founder of The Color Run. “The Shine Tour is the next generation of The Color Run and participants will be able to feel and visibly see themselves transform throughout each kilometer of the event.”
The Color Run, a for-profit company, loves the opportunity it has to partner with charities to help shine a light on their amazing work within society and highlight the causes they stand for. The Color Run will be partnering with Make-A-Wish Hawaii for this event.
In its fourth year, The Color Run is one of the largest event series in history. In 2014, The Color Run was host to events in more than 30+ countries and 270 cities worldwide. Close to 50 percent of Color Runners are first-time 5k runners and participate as a celebration and capstone of their healthy living accomplishments.
The event will include activation with presenting sponsor ALCATEL ONETOUCH® and national sponsors Shout ®, Post-It ®, KIND and Kohl’s. To enhance the event for participants, The Color Run sponsors will be incorporated into the event including:
• A new technology experience powered by ALCATEL ONETOUCH, official smartphone and mobile partner of The Color Run, including fun different photo opportunities for runners to share with their friends and on their social media channels.
• Shout®, entering its second year as an official partner of The Color Run™, will be inspiring runners to add more fun to everyday life without worrying about cleaning up afterward. Shout® will be present at 140+ races this year, with larger activations taking place in select cities across the country.
• Runners can write down their happiest thoughts and place them on the Happy Wall, presented by the Post-it® Brand, located in the yellow color zone.
• From its delicious foods made from the highest quality ingredients to its social mission,known as the KIND Movement, KIND is focused on making the world a little kinder one snack and act at a time. KIND will bring this to life at Color Run races by providing tasty, nutrient-rich snacks for participants.
• Crystal Light will be sampled at on-course and finish lines. Samples will also be handed out in participants’ race packet.
• K1 Speed in Kapolei is proud to be an official Packet Pick Up location this year. Located at – K1 Speed - 91-1085 Lexington St, Kapolei, HI 96707
About The Color Run™
The Color Run is the largest event series in the United States and the first of its kind. Travis Snyder founded the 5k paint race event series in 2012, creating a new genre of running event. The Color Run celebrates healthiness, happiness and individuality, bringing the community together to create a five-kilometer canvas of colorful fun. To learn more about The Color Run, visit www.thecolorrun.com or watch this video.