Choose from the following Junior Activities.
Youth Kart Racing – K1 Speed Kart League.
If you feel that your pre-teen is the next Michael Schumacher or Danica Patrick, then our youth kart racing league is for you! Our Junior League is designed for children who are 4′ to 4’9″ in height and our Youth League is designed for children who are 4’10″ and up, both leagues are held on the same night. (Once a Jr. Driver has advanced and participated in one Adult Challenge G.P. race they can no longer participate in any Junior League event.) K1 Speed junior kart racing league provides children with invaluable lessons not only on racing, but sportsmanship and camaraderie as well. We believe that our youth kart league is a great way to spend time with your son or daughter, and can serve as a wonderful learning experience for both parents and their children! If you would like your son or daughter to become involved in youth kart racing, reserve a spot for your child in our racing league today, as space is limited!
Learn More about Our Youth Racing League.
We believe that there is no better way to become involved with youth kart racing then with our youth racing league! The five month series is affordable, safe and accessible, and is intended to serve as an introduction to racing. As the youth kart racing league season progresses, drivers are able to use the experience to continuously improve their performance, and our timing system provides objective results which can be compared to previous races. We are proud of our youth kart league and are confident that you will not be disappointed with it!
During the series, each driver will participate in a Mini Grand Prix format race, consisting of a qualifying session to determine the starting order and a race for position. In the final round of the season drivers will compete in a full Grand Prix format race, which includes a practice session, qualifying session and 16 lap final. Our 12 round racing league series provides participants with the opportunity to experience the thrill of wheel-to-wheel racing, allows for extensive seat time, and even rewards top finishers with prizes and trophies – needless to say, we highly recommend it!
$40 PER RACE EVENT – 2 x FIVE RACE SEASONS
2014 YOUTH KART RACING LEAGUE SCHEDULE
February 4 – Mini GP
July 8 – Mini GP
A minimum of 3 participants is required to run each event. Be advised that if there are 13 or more racers the event time will be dramatically increased due to expanded race heats.
K1 SPEED IRVINE
- Points based on total number of racers that compete in final heat x 2. (15 racers means 1st place gets 30 points)
- 2 points less for each following place. (Same example, 2nd place gets 28 points, 3rd 26, etc.)
- 2 bonus points awarded for having the fastest qualifying time.
- If at the end of the season, there is a points tie, the driver with the best podium record will win.
- There will be one qualifying round of 12 laps to determine starting positions for final round.
- Final race will consist of 12 laps.
- Final race will be a rolling start (no more grid up starts).
- There will only be “ONE” rolling start! No Restarts.
*New drivers will be evenly distributed within qualifying groups. When the maximum number of drivers equals the total number of available jr. karts, the whole group will run together for qualifying and position races. No exceptions!
- There will be no switching of karts at anytime during both qualifying sessions unless there is a mechanical failure or accident, which caused damage to a kart.
- You will be able to remove a kart after the first round of qualifying.
- You will be able to remove a kart after the second round of qualifying.
- There will be no switching of karts during a final race unless there is a severe mechanical failure.
*Note: All rules may be subject to change from K1 Speed Corp. to maintain a competitive and safe racing environment.