General Manager – Anaheim, CA
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: The General Manager is responsible for ensuring that the center is run according to the required K1 standards. The General Manager also holds their Salaried and Hourly Staff accountable along with developing them to the next levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Staffing duties including: recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining, and terminating
• Ensure facility complies with all OSHA guidelines as required in their location (varies from state to state)
• Cash handling duties including preparation of tills, change fund maintenance, and preparation of deposits
• Ensure State Health inspection guidelines are completed, and in compliance with state regulations
• Ensure all State and Federal Permits and Licenses for the facility are up to date and in compliance
• Ensure Alcohol ordinance for your state is followed, to include retention of staff permits in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
• Complete monthly retention of all work-related documentation
• Provide Corporate with all company invoices, to include all vendors
• Ensuring that cashier personnel adhere to correct cash handling procedures and sell effectively
• Ensuring that track personnel run races safely, efficiently and professionally
• Complete Manager Objectives each day as required in the companies Intranet
• Ensuring that mechanic personnel maintain our karts in peak working condition
• Ensuring that all staff are strictly adhering to company policies and providing outstanding customer service
• Corresponding with and providing regular reports to corporate office personnel
• Expanding the marketing and promotional presence of K1 Speed
• Maintaining the effective operational feasibility of the center
• Maintaining the highest standard of facility appearance
• Oversees the day- to-day operations within the policies and guidelines set forth by K1 Speed.
• Identify on a regular basis their opportunities and creates an action plan to increase the performance level to the required K1 standard
• Ensures that their location has the proper staffing level to maximize the employee and guest experience.
• Over sees weekly inventories of each location per company standards.
• Maintain a professional K1 image including the Paddock lounge cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
• Ensures their location is keeping food cost, part costs and labor costs (hours) at or below K1 acceptable standards.
• Ensures their location is consistently following the guidelines for private party events
• Provide timely information to sales team and Director or sales in-order to help book parties.
• Understands and makes sure that each management team member follows all cash handling procedures including safe maintenance, deposits and all banking functions.
• Responds to customer service needs to provide the highest standards of service within 24hours.
• Executes weekly and monthly Marketing promotions to build the brand and generate revenue.
• Works with their Team to review scheduling and effectiveness of all Marketing promotional hours and outings
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Job Knowledge – Able to learn new skills and maintain up-to-date job-related information. Applies technical and procedural know-how to get the job done; understands job duties and responsibilities.
• Initiative – Takes initiative versus waiting for direction. Results and goal oriented. Desires to excel on the job. Demonstrates self-confidence and positive attitude.
• Professionalism – Consistently treats individuals with dignity and respect, recognizing the importance of cultural differences. Has and maintains a positive sense of humor and uses humor and uses humor appropriately. Embraces, communicates, and demonstrates company values and ethics. Maintains reasonable expectations of self and others when balancing time and performance demands with personal and professional needs.
• Planning and Organizing – Develops realistic plans, setting reasonable completing times. Effectively uses time and resources. Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and emergencies.
• Team Work/Cooperation – Successfully works with others to achieve desired results. Helps prevent/resolve conflicts. Develops positive working relationship with all people. Promotes mutual respect. Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured cooperative attitude to bring teams of people together. Is flexible/open minded.
• Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Overcomes obstacles. Helps team solve problems.
• Productivity – Takes on additional responsibilities as needed. Manages priorities. Develops and follows work procedures.
• Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision making. The ability to accept criticism and stay calm under pressure.
• Communication – Communicating in a professional and empathetic way so employees understand what is expected of them. Effectively conveys and receives ideas, information and directions. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication. Paying attention to what people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• Customer Orientation – Listens, identifies, and responds, quickly and effectively to internal and external customers’ needs and sets work activities accordingly. Goes beyond what is expected and follows up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Work Quality – Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
• Decision Making – Take calculated risks, make timely/responsive decisions. Modifies decisions based on new information, and takes ownership of the outcomes of each decision made.
• Adaptability/Flexibility – Demonstrates judgment and willingness to make exceptions. Initiates or accepts changes in the process, while maintaining focus on the task/issue. Transitions effectively between multiple tasks on priorities. Meeting the needs of each customer without compromising the brand/business.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma required Associates in Business or Hospitality preferred. Must be at least 21 years of age. Must have 5 plus years of Food and Beverage experience unless internal candidate Must have 7 years previous management experience with a successful track record, preferably in restaurant, entertainment or hospitality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires that weight be lifted, pushed, pulled, safely for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 100lbs with reasonable accommodation.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment for this job typically has a high level of noise. The work will be performed predominantly indoors, however, things such as marketing events can be exposed to the outdoor elements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for managing several salaried and hourly employees.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: K1 Speed is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. K1 Speed does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, denial of medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. K1 Speed prohibits harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above.APPLY