Head Mechanic – Medley, FL
Do you have the need for speed? Do you thrive in a fast paced, energetic work environment that focuses on serving our customers? If so, K1 Speed is the place for you. As the nation’s indoor electric karting leader and innovator for over the past decade, K1 Speed does not compromise on the quality and value of the product we offer. Through our industrial go-karts and excellent staff, our passion is to show the world how fun karting can actually be. As a Head Mechanic, you will service and maintain our fleet of state-of-the-art, high performance, high speed electric go karts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform opening track and kart repairs and performance checks
- Maintain kart performance throughout the day
- Maintain track and facility appearance and functionality
- Keep accurate documentation of repairs, parts inventory, and special projects
- Responsibly maintain supply of tools and machinery
- Respond to emergency situations as they arise
- Ensure that the pit, kart shop and track areas remain clean and safe
- Assist the track crew with track operations in limited situations
- Perform specific facility cleaning and maintenance duties as assigned by management
- Perform closing duties to secure the pit and track and prepare for the following day’s operation
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Weekends are a must!