Manager – Chula Vista, CA
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: To provide a fun, safe and efficient racing environment for our customers. To coordinate with the General Manager in order to provide the means and supplies necessary to operate the facility. Assisting with staff management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assisting with staffing duties including: recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining, and firing
· Cash handling duties including preparation of tills, change fund maintenance, and preparation of deposits
· Customer interaction and auditing of customer experience
· Ensuring that cashier personnel adhere to correct cash handling procedures and sell effectively
· Ensuring that track personnel run races safely and efficiently
· Ensuring that mechanic personnel maintain our karts in peak working condition
· Ensuring that all staff are strictly adhering to company policies and providing outstanding customer service
· Ordering and purchasing operational supplies, concessions, and retail merchandise
· Performing operational paperwork duties including safety, accounting and inventory
· Contributing to schedules and employee communications
· Corresponding with and providing regular reports to corporate office personnel
· Expanding the marketing and promotional presence of K1
· Maintaining the effective operational feasibility of the center
· Maintaining the highest standard of facility appearance including storage areas and the parking lot
· Coordinate with your regional manager to ensure that all facility maintenance is performed quickly
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and respond to questions. Ability to write routine reports, schedules and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
This job has special vision requirements.
· Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
· Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
· Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
· Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
· Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Specific job duties that require the physical demands selected above:
· Manipulating the position and orientation of racing karts and race track barriers
· Utilizing racing flags and instructional signs as tools
· Carefully running to assist customers in emergency situations
Work is performed predominantly in an indoor environment that is exposed through openings in the building to the outdoors. The work environment of this job typically has a moderate level of noise
This is a supervisory position. This position is the ancillary support position for the General Manager. It is the responsibility of the Manager to perform operational facility duties as required by the General Manager. It is also the responsibility of the Manager to perform all duties normally assigned to the General Manager in the absence of the General Manager. All departments and personnel primarily report to this position including: The Mechanic Manager and all mechanics, the Pit Supervisor and all track personnel, and all cashiers. This position is responsible for between 20 and 40 facility personnel.