Manager – Redmond, WA
Do you have the need for speed? Do you thrive in a fast paced, energetic work environment that focuses on serving our customers? If so, K1 Speed is the place for you. As the nation’s indoor electric karting leader and innovator for over the past decade, K1 Speed does not compromise on the quality and value of the product we offer. Through our industrial go-karts and excellent staff, our passion is to show the world how fun karting can actually be. As an Assistant Manager, you will manage daily operations within the center, leading your staff to exemplify K1 to the fullest. You are a hands-on leader who loves to lead the center to greater success and volume. Is this you?
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: The Manager is responsible for ensuring that the center is run according to the required K1 standards. The Manager holds their Salaried and Hourly Staff accountable, coaching and developing them to be ready for the next level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting the General Manager in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining, and terminating
- Cash handling duties including preparation of tills, change fund maintenance, and preparation of deposits
- Ensuring that cashier personnel adhere to correct cash handling procedures
- Ensure cashier personnel are meeting the minimum selling standards set forth by K1 Speed
- Monitor inventory, supporting the General Manager each month to complete an accurate account of the items on hand
- Ensuring that track personnel run races safely, efficiently and professionally
- Ensuring that mechanic personnel maintain our karts in peak working condition
- Ensuring that all staff are strictly adhering to company policies and providing outstanding customer service
- Corresponding with and providing regular reports to corporate office personnel
- Maintaining the highest standard of facility appearance
- Oversees the day- to-day operations within the policies and guidelines set forth by K1 Speed.
- Identify on a regular basis their opportunities and creates an action plan to increase the performance level to the required K1 standard
- Ensures that their location has the proper staffing level to maximize the employee and guest experience.
- Over sees weekly inventories of each location per company standards.
- Maintain a professional K1 image including the Paddock lounge cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Ensures their location is keeping food cost, part costs and labor costs (hours) at or below K1 acceptable standards.
- Ensures their location is consistently following the guidelines for private party events and catering including: food service and quality standards, greet procedures, POS and payout procedures, set up and décor standards, party rental and supply storage and rebooking all repeatable parties.
- Understands and makes sure that each team member follows all cash handling procedures including safe maintenance, deposits and all banking functions.
- Works with their team to promote a positive social media response.
- Works with their team to ensure that each employee understands the importance of treating guests the K1-Way so the guests continue to return, providing an exceptional guest experience.
- Responds to customer service needs to provide the highest standards of service within 24hours.
- Maintains great relationships with all vendors and notifies the General Manager of any vendor issue
- Complete HR related (documentation, completing written warnings, promotions, demotions, pay changes, etc.) administrative duties accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies
- Ensures their Team is providing a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Represents the K1 image at all company and community events (local businesses, organizations and media).
- Ensures their Team is engaging in preventative maintenance, daily cleaning, and repairs.
- Practice the K1 Speed open door policy at all times.
- Ensures their Team is developing employees for promotional opportunities.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Job Knowledge – Able to learn new skills and maintain up-to-date job-related information. Applies technical and procedural know-how to get the job done; understands job duties and responsibilities.
Initiative – Takes initiative versus waiting for direction. Results and goal oriented. Desires to excel on the job. Demonstrates self-confidence and positive attitude.
Professionalism – Consistently treats individuals with dignity and respect, recognizing the importance of cultural differences. Has and maintains a positive sense of humor and uses humor and uses humor appropriately. Embraces, communicates, and demonstrates company values and ethics. Maintains reasonable expectations of self and others when balancing time and performance demands with personal and professional needs.
Planning and Organizing – Develops realistic plans, setting reasonable completing times. Effectively uses time and resources. Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and emergencies.
Team Work/Cooperation – Successfully works with others to achieve desired results. Helps prevent/resolve conflicts. Develops positive working relationship with all people. Promotes mutual respect. Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured cooperative attitude to bring teams of people together. Is flexible/open minded.
Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Overcomes obstacles. Helps team solve problems.
Productivity – Takes on additional responsibilities as needed. Manages priorities. Develops and follows work procedures.
Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision making. The ability to accept criticism and stay calm under pressure.
Communication – Communicating in a professional and empathetic way so employees understand what is expected of them. Effectively conveys and receives ideas, information and directions. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication. Paying attention to what people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
Customer Orientation – Listens, identifies, and responds, quickly and effectively to internal and external customers’ needs and sets work activities accordingly. Goes beyond what is expected and follows up to ensure customer satisfaction.
Work Quality – Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
Take calculated risks, make timely/responsive decisions. Modifies decisions based on new information, and takes ownership of the outcomes of each decision made.
Adaptability/Flexibility – Demonstrates judgment and willingness to make exceptions. Initiates or accepts changes in the process, while maintaining focus on the task/issue. Transitions effectively between multiple tasks on priorities. Meeting the needs of each customer without compromising the brand/business.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Must be 21 years of age.
High school diploma
Associates in Business or related field preferred.
Must have 3 years of Food and Beverage experience, current ServSafe Manager Certificate is a plus.
Must have 5 years of previous management experience with a successful track record, preferably in restaurant, entertainment or hospitality.
This position requires that weight be lifted, pushed, pulled, safely for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 100lbs with reasonable accommodation.
The work environment for this job typically has a high level of noise. The work will be performed predominantly indoors, however, things such as marketing events can be exposed to the outdoor elements.
Responsible for managing salaried and hourly employees.